Power Night   12am - 4am
  Interdenominational Services

• 2nd Saturday of the Month
  7 Hours with God  6am - 1:00pm

• Tuesday (Weekly)
   Ministers Fellowship  8am - 12pm

• 1st Saturday of the Month
   Workers/Ministers Retreat 8am- 3pm
24 Hours with God comes up every three month.The next one will be in February 2016.It runs from 6am on second Saturday of the month(it will hold ) to 6am the following day (Sunday ).

Login Form

Church Bulletin

24TH APRIL, 2016

PASTOR’S CORNER

WALKING IN THE HOLY GHOST:

THE ENEMY OF THE HOLY GHOST

REFERENCES:  1 THESSALONIANS 5:19, EPHESIANS 4: 20- 24; 30, ACTS 16: 6- 20

In walking in the Holy Ghost, you must also understand that He has enemies.

The first enemy is your old man; and the second is the evil stranger. This might be a ‘prophet(ess)’ who calls you to give prophecies that pull you down rather than raise you up.

I Thess 5: 19

Quench not the Spirit.

This is a divine charge to every Christian. Do not quench the burning fire of the Holy Ghost. This means that, as powerful as He is, you have the ability to quench Him, but whenever you do so, you become His enemy. Therefore, you must not argue with Him or delay in obeying His commands.  Rather, you have a personal responsibility to do whatever He asks you to do- watch, pray, give or be quiet- wholly and with alacrity.

Refuse to quench the Spirit again.

Eph 4: 20- 24

But ye have  not so learned Christ; if so be that ye have heard Him, and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: that ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; and be renewed in the spirit of your mind; and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Putting off the old man, and putting on the new man; both are your responsibility.

Acts 16: 6- 20

Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia, after they were come to Mysia, they assayed [attempted] to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not..

The Spirit forbade and disallowed these men from preaching in certain lands. This shows that, no matter how anointed a man is, he must be sensitive to know what the Spirit is saying and obey. When you want to do something- even a good thing-and He says ‘no’, you must obey. To do otherwise is to quench Him.

And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; there stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us.

a man of Macedonia...

This man was not from Macedonia. Rather, it was the Holy Ghost pleading with the apostles to go to the land of Macedonia. Many have seen ministers of God in their dreams, encouraging them to get fellowship with God, to pray, to obey Him. That was the Holy Ghost speaking as ‘a man of Macedonia’.

And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them...

Once Paul the vision, they immediately began to make plans and work towards going to Macedonia. They did not delay or wait for further prodding from the Holy Ghost. Rather, they took action immediately.

And it came to pass as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

Now, they moved to Macedonia because they were certain that God had called them to preach there, but the journey was not hitch-free.

It is also possible that you have made a move in obedience to a sure call from God about where to worship, seed sowing, who to marry, or even a pastoral assignment. As you obey, be aware that there are devils that have also seen the vision of your coming, and are waiting to grieve the Holy Spirit by frustrating the work He called you to do. They do this by sending evil strangers- ministers of the devil cloaked in the name of God- to you. These ones come to your life to distract you and pull down your spirit. Don’t be fooled; they will prophesy, but by familiar spirits, and will make gain off any unsuspecting Christian.

The damsel was a profit-making venture for her masters. Having received the signal that Paul’s coming would do serious damage to their enterprise, they made a plan.

The enemy’s plan to sabotage the divine assignment was to strategically place the damsel, so that she met Paul and company on the way, before they got to the prayer meeting.

Let us consider this: if the masters made profit from the soothsaying of the damsel, what do you think happened to the lives of those she encountered her? Well, for every profit the masters made, someone suffered loss. Likewise, that ‘prophet’ that requests for phone credits, money, or food items because he has a prophecy to give you or a prophetic work to do for you, is simply making profit at your expense.

...the same followed Paul and us, and cried saying, these Men are the servants of the most high God, which show unto us the way of salvation.

We need to understand that it is the spirit of divination in the damsel that was speaking in her. So as she followed Paul, she ‘prophesied’. Now, as is the nature of lying spirits, he (the spirit) started with the truth and followed up with a lie. It was true that Paul and company were servants of God; however, as evil spirits cannot be saved, they definitely did not come to show him (the spirit) the way of salvation.

She continued, un-rebuked, for many days because her words appeared to be true. Then something happened.

And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Eph 4: 30

And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God.

Paul had already dealt with the old man within, and he was sure that he had been called by God. Therefore, when the Spirit in him was grieved, he sensed that that something was amiss, and the source was external.

Anyone you walk with, in whose company your spirit goes down, is an evil stranger, and you will do well to avoid such.

After many days of condoning the damsel, and after sensing that the Holy Ghost was grieved, Paul finally turned and rebuked the spirit... And he came out [of her] the same hour.

And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the market place unto the rulers, and brought them to the magistrates, saying, these men, being Jews, do exceedingly trouble our city

Brethren, it is time for you to become sensitive to the Holy Ghost, to expose and rebuke the evil stranger gaining at the expense of your marriage, assignment, destiny and business.

PRAYER POINTS

In the name of Jesus,

• Anything in me, quenching the fire of the Holy Ghost in my life; today, I cast you out.

• Any stranger sent to me to bind my life and reduce my destiny; I cast you out by fire.

• Any stranger gaining from me at the expense of my destiny; I break and destroy your spell.

• Every spell of the wicked that has been prevailing over my life; break and scatter.

Bible Reading Plan

Monday

1 Kings 17-19

Tuesday

1 Kings 20-21

Wednesday

1 Kings 22
2 Chronicles 18

Thursday

2 Chronicles 19-23

Friday

Obadiah 1
Psalm 82-83

Saturday

2 Kings 1-4

Sunday

2 Kings 5-8
Copyright Back to the Bible
www.backtothebible.org

Bible School Calender 2016

2015 Calendar for our Bible School.

January 23rd, 2016. Time 8am - 4pm

April 23rd, 2016. Time 8am - 4pm

The Bible school comes up every 4th Saturday in the months listed above. The venue is at the Church Auditorium.

Resources

Make a decision for Christ

“All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field: the grass withers and the flowers fall,…