Power Night   12am - 4am
  Interdenominational Services

• 2nd Saturday of the Month
  7 Hours with God  6am - 1:00pm

• Tuesday (Weekly)
   Ministers Fellowship  8am - 12pm

• 1st Saturday of the Month
   Workers/Ministers Retreat 8am- 3pm
24 Hours with God comes up every three month.The next one will be in February 2016.It runs from 6am on second Saturday of the month(it will hold ) to 6am the following day (Sunday ).

Login Form

Church Bulletin

27TH SEPTEMBER, 2015

PASTOR’S CORNER

UNDERSTANDING THE MYSTERIES OF ADOPTION IN CHRIST:

DEALING WITH THE ENEMY OF ADOPTION

REFERENCES: I JOHN 2: 13- 14, LUKE 1: 17, PROVERBS 24:7

I Jn 2: 13- 14

I write unto you fathers, because ye have known Him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father. I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known Him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong. And the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

What makes a Christian a father is the depth of the revelation of the Word he has accessed. Being a father is not determined by your date of salvation- how many years you have been in the Lord- but rather by how much of the Word you have accessed.

We see from this scripture that there are three levels of maturity: the children, who know God as their Father; the young men who are strong and have overcome the wicked; and those who have accessed relevant knowledge about Jesus from the beginning - the fathers. They have been able to access Jesus from the beginning (Genesis). Knowing the Father, or overcoming the wicked, does not make you a father.

God will only speak to you based on your level of maturity- a child, young man or a father. This means that the message you receive from God is based on your level of knowledge. It also means that the level of revelation you receive will be determined, and limited by the level of your maturity.

No man can give what he lacks. It stands to reason therefore that your revelation, and the depth of it, determines your elevation, and the height thereof, in life. If you must fulfil destiny therefore, you must seek to become a father; you must seek to go deeper in the knowledge of the mysteries of Christ, from the beginning.

Lk 1: 17

And he shall go before Him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

A father is one who teaches and builds up the life of his children. He investigates their lives to discover where they are still struggling and builds them up to maturity.

It is however a sad reality that the devil has turned the heart of the fathers against the children. Many fathers fail to seek the wellbeing of their children and care more for their own prosperity. But even the faithful fathers have a challenge: the devil has also succeeded in turning the hearts of their children against them. Whenever a Christian fails to heed the divine instructions given by his father, or chooses to obey in part, he is disobedient.

Now his disobedience is because he lacks the wisdom of the just. This means that, although he is just, he lacks the wisdom that goes with it. This lack of wisdom is the cause of division between him and his father, because wisdom demands that his heart be in agreement with the heart of the father.

It is therefore necessary that the hearts of these fathers be turned back to their children. In the same vein, the hearts of disobedient children must be turned back to the wisdom of the just. But what is the purpose of this mandate?

...to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

This is the sum of the whole matter: to prepare men for God. Until your father prepares you, you are not ready for God.

No man can walk in the reality of God’s power, glory, prosperity... until He is prepared by his father. Consider this: God prepared a great fish to swallow Jonah. Now, God had sent the prophet to Nineveh but he turned to Tarshish. Yet, when the fish swallowed Jonah, it swam and took him to Nineveh! It knew the right location.

Every man prepared by God to be your father knows your destination and has been prepared to prepare and lead you there.

That fish was not the only fish in the sea, but it was the one prepared by God. You also need the father, who has been prepared by God, to swallow and vomit you in the right direction of your destiny.

God is never in a hurry. Whatever vision of greatness He has revealed to you, He will wait until you have been prepared, by your father, before bringing them to reality. It is therefore in your best interest to humble yourself before your father and submit to be prepared.

Bottom line: you are not ready for God- for His power, fire, prosperity, blessings, promotion- until you are ready to be prepared.

Pro 24:7

Wisdom is too high for a fool: he openeth not his mouth in the gate.

Peter referred to some of Paul’s teachings as hard to be understood. Paul also enjoined Timothy to endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. This means that hardness cannot be avoided. When a man therefore declares that the standard of the Lord is too high, he is a fool.

Now folly has a price: when a man rejects preparation, he loses the opportunity to gain the relevant knowledge needed to sit and speak as a ruler in judgement.  

There are rulers in every household and environment, determining the circumstances of those under their rule. Only a Christian, who has submitted himself to be prepared, can sit in judgement over them and overrule. A fool therefore denies himself this great privilege and makes himself a victim in the journey of life.

The standard of God may be hard, but it is accessible.

Only the fish prepared by God could swallow Jonah and vomit him, whole.

Only a body prepared by God could stop sacrifices.

Are you ready to be prepared?

PRAYER POINTS

In the name of Jesus,

• Fire of God, swallow me now.
  •  My soul, receive fire to go deeper in Christ.
  • My Father, help me to obey all your commandments.
  • Holy Ghost, I am ready to display Your power at the gate. Fill me with Your fire.
  • Fire of God, clothe me like a garment.
  • You display of wicked power over my life; I bury you by fire.

Bible Reading Plan

Monday

1 Kings 17-19

Tuesday

1 Kings 20-21

Wednesday

1 Kings 22
2 Chronicles 18

Thursday

2 Chronicles 19-23

Friday

Obadiah 1
Psalm 82-83

Saturday

2 Kings 1-4

Sunday

2 Kings 5-8
Copyright Back to the Bible
www.backtothebible.org

Bible School Calender 2016

2015 Calendar for our Bible School.

January 23rd, 2016. Time 8am - 4pm

April 23rd, 2016. Time 8am - 4pm

The Bible school comes up every 4th Saturday in the months listed above. The venue is at the Church Auditorium.

Resources

Make a decision for Christ

“All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field: the grass withers and the flowers fall,…