Power Night   12am - 4am
  Interdenominational Services

• 2nd Saturday of the Month
  7 Hours with God  6am - 1:00pm

• Tuesday (Weekly)
   Ministers Fellowship  8am - 12pm

• 1st Saturday of the Month
   Workers/Ministers Retreat 8am- 3pm
24 Hours with God comes up every three month.The next one will be in February 2016.It runs from 6am on second Saturday of the month(it will hold ) to 6am the following day (Sunday ).

Login Form

Church Bulletin

20TH SEPTEMBER, 2015

PASTOR’S CORNER

UNDERSTANDING THE MYSTERIES OF ADOPTION IN CHRIST:

WINNING STUBBORN POWERS THROUGH ADOPTION

REFERENCES: MARK 5: 2-7, II KINGS 13: 14-25

The scriptures declare: ‘Blessed be God who will always cause us to triumph’. This means that there will always be a battle to fight but God will always give us the victory. It is always written that whatever happens to man is common to all men, and there will always be a way of escape out of it. Yet, many Christians have heard this gospel, this good news, but still died in their problems. Why is it that for them, there did not seem to be a way of escape and a testimony of triumph?

Today, we will learn how, and receive the power to conquer and win in the battle over such stubborn powers through adoption.

Mk 5: 2- 7

And when He was come out of the ship, immediately there met Him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no not with chains: because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him...but when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped Him, and cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with Thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure Thee by God, that thou torment me not.

There are certain things to consider here:

When the devils saw Jesus, they ran and worshipped Him; but that was not all. They recognised Him as the Son of God. The Pharisees saw Him as the son of Joseph and Mary but the devils saw His true identity- they saw that He had been adopted to be the Son of God.

Brethren, the devil knows the real you. When a man is adopted by God, he does not need to announce himself; the devil already knows who he is. On the other hand, when a man is without a father, no form of pretentiousness or amount of appellations can fool the devil about his true identity. (So, if you want to know who a man really is, consult the devil). Remember the sons of Sceva? While the devil they confronted recognised Jesus and Paul to be carriers of the Father’s spirit, he declared the sons of Sceva to be fatherless vagabonds and treated them as such.

The devils did not only worship and acknowledge the Son-ship of Christ; they also declared that they did not have the power to challenge Him, and begged Him by His Father. They recognised that He was made by His Father and entreated by His Maker.

I pray that the power, that will cause evil personalities to submit to you, will possess you, in the name of Jesus!

They begged Him not to torment them; because they knew that every son of God is a tormentor. It is therefore sad to note that, today, Christians are the ones at the receiving end of torment. If you are such a Christian, it is a sign that you are still a babe and in serious need of the power of God.

II Kgs 13: 14- 25

Now Elisha was fallen sick of his sickness whereof he died. And Joash the king of Israel came down unto him, and wept over his face, and said, O my father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horseman thereof. And Elisha said unto him, Take bow and arrows. And he took unto him bow and arrows. And he said to the king of Israel, Put thine hand upon the bow. And he put his hand upon it: and Elisha put his hands upon the king’s hands. And he said, Open the window eastward. And he opened it. Then Elisha said, Shoot. And he shot. And he said, The arrow of the LORD’S deliverance, and the arrow of deliverance from Syria: for thou shalt smite the Syrians in Aphek, till thou have consumed them...

The king of Israel recognised that you need a father in order to conquer stubborn powers.

As Elisha lay sick and dying, this king, with tears in his eyes, came calling. He had a stubborn enemy and he knew that he needed his father’s backing if he was to conquer. He did not regard his status and position, his place or his prestigious company; he recognised what Elisha himself had seen in Elijah: the importance of discovering, seeking out and obeying ones father.

O my father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horseman thereof

The king admitted that he needed the charge of his father to ensure certain victory over his stubborn enemy. He knew that, with his father’s backing, he could go to battle, confident of victory. The enemy will bow because of the divine pronouncement of the father.

Now, when the king came to Elisha, he came with a bow and arrows. He came prepared for battle, but his trust was not in his weapons. Rather, he sought the father’s blessings first.

And he said, Take the arrows. And he took them. And he said unto the king of Israel, Smite upon the ground. And he smote thrice, and stayed. And the man of God was wroth with him, and said, Thou shouldest have smitten five or six times; then hadst thou smitten Syria till thou hadst consumed it: whereas now thou shalt smite Syria but thrice.

So Hazael king of Syria died; and Ben-hadad his son reigned in his stead. And Jehoash the son of Jehoahaz took again out of the hand of Ben-hadad the son Hazael the cities, which he had taken out of the hand of Jehoahaz his father by war. Three times did Joash beat him, and recovered the cities of Israel.

True to the words of Elisha, Joash beat Syria thrice. In doing so, he recovered all that his birth father had lost in war to Syria.

Joash understood that he needed a different approach to fighting this war. To conquer what conquered his birth father, he needed a spiritual father to touch his weapons of war and ensure victory. Although Ben-hadad stubbornly continued to return in battle against him, Joash continued to beat him until, by the third defeat, he had to concede the cities to Joash.

Yet, this would not have happened if the king had not sought out his father, with tears. Men might have mocked him for weeping, but the result justified his actions.

Today, many cry in the wrong places. Would it not be more sensible if you were willing to cry in the presence of your father and receive the divine charge to win and conquer that stubborn enemy once and for all?

Brethren, if you greatly desire to win that battle against the stubborn powers that have tormented you and dispossessed you of your portion, you need to be adopted. It is time to discover, seek out and obey your father. Only then can you overcome what overcame others and recover all that your household has lost.

PRAYER POINTS

In the name of Jesus,

• My life, receive the fire that cannot be tormented.
  • I receive the power to recover all that is missing in my household.
  • Fire to recover all; possess my life.
  • Ancestral power, forcing good things out of my life and destiny; I shoot you down by fire.
  • Any wicked power that has subdued my life; I destroy your power by fire.
  • Anything that conquered my parents, working tirelessly to conquer my life; I kill you by fire.

Bible School Calender 2016

2015 Calendar for our Bible School.

January 23rd, 2016. Time 8am - 4pm

April 23rd, 2016. Time 8am - 4pm

The Bible school comes up every 4th Saturday in the months listed above. The venue is at the Church Auditorium.

Resources

Make a decision for Christ

“All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field: the grass withers and the flowers fall,…